FareShare exists because millions of people across the UK are struggling to afford to eat, yet at the same time thousands of tonnes of good food goes to waste every day. As the largest food redistribution charity in the UK, FareShare works directly with food producers and suppliers to unlock surplus food, which would otherwise go to waste.
The food that FareShare redistributes is nutritious, in-date and good to eat. It reaches charities across the UK, including school breakfast clubs, older people’s lunch clubs, homeless shelters, and community cafes. In 2019/2020 the number of charities that FareShare supported increased to 10,962 and we provided enough food to create over a million meals for vulnerable people every week.
Donating to FareShare
- £1 enables FareShare to unlock enough surplus food for the equivalent of 4 meals for vulnerable people.
- £1 enables FareShare to unlock enough surplus food for the equivalent of 4 meals for charities and community groups across the UK.
- £5 enables FareShare to unlock enough surplus food for the equivalent of 20 meals…
- £18.28 enables FareShare to deliver food to a single Charity.
- £128 could fund the running of a van for a day delivering to an average of 7 charities and community groups.