What A Time! Reflection On The Last 24 Months By The ORM Team
Well 2020 / 2021 certainly have been interesting years for everyone!
Here at ORM Virtual Towers we have been reflecting on our journey together so far whilst looking ahead into the next academic year of 2021/2022 and beyond.
In the past 24 months we have achieved the following key milestones and successes:
- Delivered One Running Movement and Schools Running Movement Half Marathon and Marathon cumulative distances to over 10,000 participants (physical)
- Launched additional distances including Schools Marathon, cumulative Marathon for ages 4 to 16
- Launched adults age 17+ ORM Half Marathon & ORM Marathon Virtual options in partnership with RingPay and Up & Running
- Delivered a mix of Virtual and Live Events (Live in 2019) across various regions and to schools, plus had “direct entry” individuals taking part (new for 2020/2021)
- Developed further partnerships with major partners including Up & Running, National Pride, Polar, New Balance, Planet-U Energy, Women’s Running, Social Chain and Run Mummy Run
- Developed the “Colour My Miles” mileage trackers with New Balance
- Enhanced the board with the announcement of Yvonne Harrison and Tony Farrar joining ORM
- Delivered the first “The AC” a group of 16 industry leaders coming together to make a difference to current and future generations’ health and wellbeing by collectively working together
- Moved to a fully virtual offering during Covid-19 and was successful with this move with full infrastructure and delivery to homes following safe practices and procedures
- Ensured events are available for all abilities including schools that have pupils with additional needs
- Online offering of free One Running Movement PE classes for schools and home (parent / guardian) use for ages 4 to 7 (Key Stage 1) as part of our free education programme, available form our website with free supporting materials or via our YouTube channel
- Our work with ORM was recognised by The RSA and Rebecca Richardson, one of our Founders, was asked to become a Fellow of the RSA
- We spoke at various conferences, events and forums about ORM and what we are doing together including REACH Women’s Leadership Conference (presented twice in one year), the fourth annual Why Sports Conference at the Royal Society of Medicine in London, and Active Living at Shropshire to name a few live events. During 2021 these became virtual events.
- Partnered with Athletics Northern Ireland to launch in Belfast, ORM’s first NGB partnership
- Worked with Telford & Wrekin Council to deliver 450 children through Schools Half Marathon with gifted places working in partnership with the Get Telford Active Grant
- Created and announced a Global Partnership with Charity Save The Children
- Continue to work on the gifted places programme with the first ballot entry of 80 Half Marathon (October 2020) & Marathon distance places being gifted through Run Mummy Run (collective community of over 190,000 women)
- Named as “a genuine help and assistance” by parents / guardians during Covid-19 home schooling times
- Creating incentivised and structured activity for ages 4 to 16 with over 1000 children and young adults completing Half Marathon and Marathon distances during lockdown #MoveForLife
- In addition to this over 500 adults aged 17+ took part in the virtual cumulative ORM Half Marathon and Marathon during lockdown
- Achieving 7,500 children, young adults and adults taking part during 2020/2021 academic year, which has to be one of the most difficult periods to date for everyone! (virtual)
- Launched Energy For Movement during Covid-19 partnered with an Energy Company with simillar beliefs that has three major do good benefits for businesses, the planet and everyone encouraged to #MoveForLife, see here to find out more!
- Activating “Bags for Young Lives” collab with Up & Running with a regional event focus #giveback for 250 school age children in Yorkshire
- We have worked with @UKRunChat and all our partners during lockdown 1 and 2 to deliver weekly exciting competitions including …. WIN a pair of New Balance Performance Running Shoes for the WHOLE FAMILY with New Balance and Up & Running
- Successful launch and continuation of Run for Climate Change in partnership with Planet-U Energy
- Expanded our Charity Partnerships to include Surfer’s Against Sewage, Samaritans, digilearning and FareShare including continuing with Save the Children
- Delivering One Running Movement and National Pride special edition of Schools Half Marathon The Barony to get children moving in East Ayrshire. Collaborating together article link
- Developed our People, Purpose and Planet statement including UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) and why ORM is “needed” article link
- Supported Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust Charity by gifting 100 places for The Tree Run and helping raise valuable funds for this NHS Trust in this first collaborative honesty run whilst motivating staff and friends of the Charity to #MoveForLife article link
Looking ahead to the next academic year of 2021 / 2022, we will be ……
- Continuing our do good and #MoveForLife work as above!
- Activating some exciting collaborations under Energy For Movement that will see us involved in even more opportunities to #MoveForLife
- Launching the Energy For Movement stand alone website before the end of 2021!
- Working closely with National bodies to expand the good work of ORM and Partners to help reach more schools and communities across the UK
- Prepping and planning for the new academic school year 2021 / 2022 with plans for live and virtual events utilising renewable energy powered venues such as The Barony with National Pride
- Developing further incentives to #MoveForLife
- Announcing a new partnership with an amazing digital partner to expand the virtual participation reach to 100,000 school children and young adults across the UK by the end of this next academic year
- Continuing the amazing work with our partners to make a difference by working together, announcing also some new partners that will help us to grow and continue our #MoveForLife mission!
It has been a really good exercise (excuse the pun) to put this together so that we and you all can see all that has been achieved so far in the last 24 months under what have been challenging conditions!
We are all looking forward to the academic school year ahead and getting more #MoveForLife out there!
Thanks to everyone for continued support, bring on the next academic school year!
The ORM Team
If you would like to talk to us about joining One Running Movement, please get in touch