Run for Climate Change is a new annual event organised by One Running Movement in partnership with Planet-U Energy and ORM Foundation Partners, with the first edition taking place virtually this year.
There is one huge point of difference with this virtual event – runners don’t just get a wooden medal (ethically and sustainably sourced whilst supporting local communities), for every entry received a tree will be planted at a Yorkshire location by Planet-U Energy, with a biodegradable plaque featuring the runner’s name.
We will also donate a £2 of the entry fee to environmental and mental health charities, with Samaritans and Surfers Against Sewage confirmed as the benefiting charities for Run for Climate Change 2020.
Run for Climate Change 2020 opened on World Mental Health Day, 10th October at 10.10am.
Runners of all ages can sign up to run a chosen distance of a 5K, 10K, Half Marathon or Marathon, in line with their health and wellbeing goals, and by doing so contributing to the following:
- Helping yourself by being active and having a positive goal to aim or train for
- Helping the planet by raising awareness of climate change and renewable energy
- Helping communities where the wooden medals are made
- Helping charities who are committed to climate change and mental health
- Helping the Run For Climate Change community achieve the collective challenge to run the circumference of the Earth (40,075 km) by December 31st 2022
Entry packages for individuals, families and businesses are available, at £12 for adults and £6 for children and young adults.
Enter now HERE!