What A Year! Reflection On The Last 12 Months By The ORM Team
Well 2020 certainly has been an interesting year so far for everyone! We have been reflecting on our journey so far whilst looking ahead into 2021 and beyond.
In the past twelve months we have achieved the following key milestones and successes:
- Delivered One Running Movement and Schools Running Movement Half Marathon and Marathon cumulative distances to over 10,000 participants
- Launched additional distances including Schools Marathon, cumulative Marathon for ages 4 to 16
- Launched adults age 17+ ORM Half Marathon & ORM Marathon Virtual options in partnership with RingPay and Up & Running
- Delivered a mix of Virtual and Live Events (Live in 2019) across various regions and to schools, plus had “direct entry” individuals taking part
- Developed further partnerships with major partners including Up & Running, National Pride, Polar, New Balance, Planet-U Energy, Women’s Running, Social Chain and Run Mummy Run
- Developed the “Colour My Miles” mileage trackers with New Balance
- Enhanced the board with the announcement of Yvonne Harrison and Tony Farrar joining ORM
- Delivered the first “The AC” a group of 16 industry leaders coming together to make a difference to current and future generations’ health and wellbeing by collective working, becoming an annual event that we / ORM chair
- Moved to a fully virtual offering during Covid-19 and was successful with this move with full infrastructure and delivery to homes following safe practices and procedures
- Ensured events are available for all abilities including schools that have pupils with additional needs
- Online offering of free One Running Movement PE classes for schools and home (parent / guardian) use for ages 4 to 7 (Key Stage 1) as part of our free education programme (more to follow in 2020 / 2021), available form our website with free supporting materials or via our YouTube channel
- Our work with ORM was recognised by The RSA and Rebecca Richardson, one of our Founders, was asked to become a Fellow of the RSA
- We spoke at various conferences, events and forums about ORM and what we are doing together including REACH Women’s Leadership Conference (presented twice in one year), the fourth annual Why Sports Conference at the Royal Society of Medicine in London, and Active Living at Shropshire to name a few
- Partnered with Athletics Northern Ireland to launch in Belfast, ORM’s first NGB partnership
- Worked with Telford & Wrekin Council to deliver 450 children through Schools Half Marathon with gifted places working in partnership with the Get Telford Active Grant
- Created and announced a Global Partnership with Charity Save The Children
- Continue to work on the gifted places programme with the first ballot entry of 80 Half Marathon & Marathon distance places being gifted through Run Mummy Run (collective community of over 120,000 women) in October 2020
- Named as “a genuine help and assistance” by parents / guardians during Covid-19 home schooling times
- Creating incentivised and structured activity for ages 4 to 16 with 1000 children and young adults completing Half Marathon and Marathon distances during lockdown
- In addition to this over 500 adults aged 17+ took part in the virtual cumulative ORM Half Marathon and Marathon during lockdown
- Achieving 7,500 children, young adults and adults taking part during 2020, which has to be one of the most difficult years to date for everyone!
- Launched Energy For Movement during Covid-19 partnered with Planet-U Energy that has three major do good benefits for businesses, the planet and everyone encouraged to #MoveForLife, see here to find out more!
- Prepping and planning for the new school year 2020 / 2021 with plans for live and virtual events utilising renewable energy powered venues with Planet-U Energy and The Barony with National Pride
- Activating “Bags for Young Lives” collab with Up & Running with a regional event focus #giveback for 250 school age children in Yorkshire
- We have worked with @UKRunChat and all our partners during lockdown to deliver weekly exciting competitions including …. WIN a pair of New Balance Performance Running Shoes for the WHOLE FAMILY with New Balance and Up & Running
- Activating exciting collaborations under Energy For Movement that will see us involved in even more opportunities to #MoveForLife and launching Energy For Movement website before the end of 2020!
It has been a really good exercise (excuse the pun) to put this together so that we and you all can see all that has been achieved so far in the last twelve months! We are all looking forward to the year ahead and getting more #MoveForLife out there!
Thanks to everyone for continued support, bring on the next school year and 2021 events!
The ORM Team