MAKING A DIFFERENCE & #GIVEBACK
One Running Movement is all about making a difference to the lives, health and wellbeing of children, young people and adults, current and future generations through running and movement.
We have created a number of #giveback initiatives that will benefit many young people across the country and will be managed collaboratively with The AC and working with our Foundation Partners.
These collaborative initiatives will include utilising partner funding to be able to break down social barriers, tackle health inequalities and reduce the associated stigmas related to attending a running track or large scale event from the age of 4 upwards.
Creating a supportive “The AC” Advisory Committee that enables and supports the allocation of funded places to lower socio economic communities and institutions who would otherwise be unable to become part of One Running Movement.
By creating events and partnerships that in turn fund more events, we are able to give back time and money in order to propel One Running Movement forward together and #MoveForLife
We are working with our Foundation Partners to make a difference. For example, we recently launched a collaboration with specialist running retailer Up & Running whereby a % from the sale of each of their new ‘Bag for Young Lives’ will go back into Schools Running Movement creating 200 Schools Half Marathon places in 2020.
The bags are 100% reusable and recyclable, helping to reduce waste, and they are available in Up & Running stores now across the UK.
We’re incredibly excited to be making a difference by all working together as a movement to inspire the next generations of active runners – join us!
Our Collective Aims:
1. Creating healthy and potentially life changing behaviours and improved physical literacy across early years and adult age ranges.
2. Helping to counter the sedentary lifestyles and increased screen time the digital age has created, through increased access to outdoor play, movement and learning.
3. Improving population health through the accessible provision of continuous physical activity and movement.
4. Utilising partner funding to break down social barriers, tackle health inequalities and reduce the associated stigmas related to attending a running track or large scale event from the age of 4 upwards.
5. Developing volunteering networks and workforces, through the provision of skills and qualifications that help create rewarding roles and future proof the sustainability of events, from local to global.
6. Encouraging “what next” links to keep running, and overall adoption of general activity and movement as part of a healthy lifestyle in line with the CMO physical activity guidelines.
7. Creating focused pathways working with numerous supporting clubs and leisure facilities across a range of sports and activities, using our events as the focal point, with a number of pre and post event pathways being signposted for all participants and their family members.
8. Providing increased social connectivity for all participants, assisting in tackling social isolation, loneliness and leaving a sustainable legacy and footprint across every geography we deliver events within.
9. Creating collaborative partnerships across multiple sectors that further supports One Running Movement whilst helping children and adults to #MoveForLife
10. Creating a supportive “AC” Advisory committee that enables and supports the allocation of funded places to lower socio economic communities and institutions who would otherwise be unable to become part of One Running Movement.
11.To play a leading role in assisting the UK Government in meeting its Childhood Obesity reduction targets by 2030