MAKING A DIFFERENCE & #GIVEBACK
One Running Movement is all about making a difference to the lives, health and wellbeing of children, young adults and adults, current and future generations through movement.
We have created a number of #giveback initiatives that will benefit many young people across the country and will be managed collaboratively with The AC and working with our Foundation Partners.
These collaborative initiatives will include utilising partner funding to be able to break down social barriers, tackle health inequalities and reduce the associated stigmas related to movement and namely running.
Creating a supportive “The AC” Advisory Committee that enables and supports the allocation of funded places to lower socio economic communities and institutions who would otherwise be unable to become part of One Running Movement.
By creating events and partnerships that in turn fund more events, we are able to give back time and funds in order to propel One Running Movement forward together and create more movers through #MoveForLife
We are working with our Foundation Partners to make a difference. For example, we recently launched a collaboration with specialist running retailer Up & Running whereby a % from the sale of each of their new ‘Bag for Young Lives’ will go back into Schools Running Movement creating 200 Schools Half Marathon places in 2020.
The bags are 100% reusable and recyclable, helping to reduce waste, and they are available in Up & Running stores now across the UK.
We’re incredibly excited to be making a difference by all working together as a movement to inspire the current and future generations.
Our Collective Aims:
1. Creating healthy and potentially life changing behaviours and improved physical literacy from early years through to adult age ranges.
2. Helping to counter the sedentary lifestyles and increased screen time the digital age has created, through increased access to outdoor play, movement and learning.
3. Improving population health through the accessible provision of continuous physical activity and movement.
4. Utilising partner and business funding to break down social barriers, tackle health inequalities and reduce the associated stigmas related to attending a running track, taking part in a virtual initiative or large scale event from the age of 4 upwards.
5. Developing volunteering networks and workforces, through the provision of skills and qualifications that help create rewarding roles and future proof the sustainability of events, from local to global.
6. Encouraging “what next” links to keep running, and overall adoption of general activity and movement as part of a healthy lifestyle in line with the CMO physical activity guidelines.
7. Creating focused and funded pathways working with numerous supporting clubs and leisure facilities across a range of sports and activities, using our events as the focal point, with a number of pre and post event Pathway Partners being signposted for all participants and their family members.
8. Providing increased social connectivity for all participants, assisting in tackling social isolation, loneliness and leaving a sustainable legacy and footprint across every geography that we deliver events, in the format of virtual or live, within with intergenerational connectivity.
9. Creating collaborative partnerships across multiple sectors that further supports One Running Movement whilst helping children and adults to #MoveForLife
10. Creating a supportive “The AC” Advisory Committee that enables and supports the allocation of funded places to lower socio economic communities and institutions who would otherwise be unable to become part of One Running Movement.
11. To play a leading role in assisting the UK Government in meeting its Childhood Obesity reduction targets by 2030.
We can all help to achieve this and make a difference to our own and future generations by working collaboratively together #MoveForLife
NOTE: References to the above facts and statistics are available upon request