ADVISORY COMMITTEE | THE AC
We are incredibly proud to have a fantastic Advisory Committee for One Running Movement. The AC is a collaborative working collective of 16 leaders from across major industries with a sports connection.
We will be working as one to continue to drive One Running Movement and the schools division of Schools Running Movement forwards with founders Rebecca Richardson and Joe Williams and the board to deliver our aims as a collective.
Our Collective Aims:
1. Creating healthy and potentially life changing behaviours and improved physical literacy across early years and adult age ranges.
2. Helping to counter the sedentary lifestyles and increased screen time the digital age has created, through increased access to outdoor play, movement and learning.
3. Improving population health through the accessible provision of continuous physical activity and movement.
4. Utilising partner funding to break down social barriers, tackle health inequalities and reduce the associated stigmas related to attending a running track or large scale event from the age of 4 upwards.
5. Developing volunteering networks and workforces, through the provision of skills and qualifications that help create rewarding roles and future proof the sustainability of events, from local to global.
6. Encouraging “what next” links to keep running, and overall adoption of general activity and movement as part of a healthy lifestyle in line with the CMO physical activity guidelines.
7. Creating focused pathways working with numerous supporting clubs and leisure facilities across a range of sports and activities, using our events as the focal point, with a number of pre and post event pathways being signposted for all participants and their family members.
8. Providing increased social connectivity for all participants, assisting in tackling social isolation, loneliness and leaving a sustainable legacy and footprint across every geography we deliver events within.
9. Creating collaborative partnerships across multiple sectors that further supports One Running Movement whilst helping children and adults to #MoveForLife
10. Creating a supportive “AC” Advisory committee that enables and supports the allocation of funded places to lower socio economic communities and institutions who would otherwise be unable to become part of One Running Movement.
11.To play a leading role in assisting the UK Government in meeting its Childhood Obesity reduction targets by 2030
The inaugural AC took place on the 15th January 2020.